I would like to share my finished results.
In the end I decided to go a very unorthodox route and in many regards do the opposite to the common rules of thumb.
I went with a tiny closed cabinet, ca.50-55L and active compensation with a DSP. A fraction of a cubic foot became irrelevant and the speakers are easy to hide in the living room.
The point I think is that crossovers, DSP and stuffing will matter more than the physical space the driver occupy and both stuffing and crossovers are crazy hard to model.
I’ve heard people who are used to TAD speakers say they would kill for my bass, IMHO that proves that a small fudge factor isn’t detrimental to the end result.
- Current woofers available for IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT!
- Short Lead Times on the World’s Best Woofers
- Oido 12 OBEM with Acoustic Elegance Dipole18’s
- OZ by Ozone Design with Acoustic Elegance LO15’s
- Doug’s DIY TD12M – SEOS12 / DNA-360 LCR build
- UB151’s with Dipole15’s and AH300’s – Alain Ciarraighe’s pursuit of Audio Perfection
- Acoustic Elegance Custom Installation – Clarity Music Group Monitors
- Ronald Wanders Open Baffle with Dipole12’s and DIY ribbons