Yeah , I will do another sweep later. Im still playing with positioning anyway trying to get a flatter response .
Simon , I have already been thinking of building some new mains. I have 2 sets of fronts already that I built myself. I suppose I could donate one pair of those to make way for a better pair. I need to do some searching for some proven designs using AE drivers in a 3 way config . 😀
I recently built a new pair of mains , the Mini Statements and decided to build twin sealed enclosures for my AV15X twins.
Here are a couple of photos and the initial REW graph prior to any eq. I have a huge peak @60-80 but with room gain I have very nice extension.
Actually , the enclosure size is not a concern to me because my wife loves the theater experience as well and has never given me any grief on my projects.
I have always preferred the sound of sealed subs and amazingly I think these give me a little more extension than the ported twins due to the lack of a high pass filter roll off.
It is nice to have small , pretty boxes too but thats just a side bonus.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)