The " Tremor Twins "

Rightbrained on #385

I just received my 2 AV15X’s yesterday and mounted them into the enclosures I had waiting for them.
    These are 294 liters each tuned to @ 15.5 using a single 6 inch port.

simon5 on #4233

Great work ! 8)

Did you destroy the house already ? 😀

Rightbrained on #4231

The house is safe till this weekend. I am giving the AV15’s a few days to get some modest level break-in time. This weekend I will be working on placement and then doing REW sweeps. After this is complete I will give the subs and the foundation a workout lol.

simon5 on #4232

Tell us how it goes ! 😀

Rightbrained on #4235

Well ,
    No REW graphs to post yet. But let me tell you I am impressed so far with these AV15X’s !! I will try to get some in room measurements done this week .

simon5 on #4234

No problems, hehe, I’m not in a hurry.

Glad that you are happy with those. I was suspecting that, because you’ve made two nice big boxes !

Which amplifier are you using to power these ?

Rightbrained on #4236

I am running them with a Behringer EP2500 in stereo mode. They could certainly use more power but I am afraid to run them bridged with each on an EP2500.

Participant
    stryke on #4238

@rightbrained wrote:

I am running them with a Behringer EP2500 in stereo mode. They could certainly use more power but I am afraid to run them bridged with each on an EP2500.

I don’t think they will have a problem with the short term power. One of the issues though would be that the Behringer amps really don’t like 4ohm impedances when bridged. The ones we attempted to use at the Five Six club clipped very early and sent all kinds of nasty DC out when bridged. Several of the woofers in the subs got burnt up the first night with them. The woofers were replaced and the bridged EP2500’s were replaced with bridged QSC PLX3402’s (more power) and they subs functioned just fine for the entire time the club was open.

John

Rightbrained on #4237

I don’t think they will have a problem with the short term power. One of the issues though would be that the Behringer amps really don’t like 4ohm impedances when bridged. The ones we attempted to use at the Five Six club clipped very early and sent all kinds of nasty DC out when bridged. Several of the woofers in the subs got burnt up the first night with them. The woofers were replaced and the bridged EP2500’s were replaced with bridged QSC PLX3402’s (more power) and they subs functioned just fine for the entire time the club was open.

John[/quote]

I certainly agree. The problem would not be the AV15’s ability to handle the power but the distortion would tear them apart. I am currently considering better quality amps and QSC units are at the top of my list.

Rightbrained on #4240

here is my initial REW graph for the twins. No eq and no smoothing. I still have plenty of placement options so I may move them around and get more measurements.

simon5 on #4239

Damn, that looks fine, you may even have to EQ down some of the low end ! 😆

If you can do it, it would be a good idea to use a smaller scale, since with 30 dB increments, it’s hard to see problems. Maybe put top scale at 90 dB at start the scale at 70 dB ?

Rightbrained on #4241

Here is a new graph taken after several sweeps and adjustments on the Reckhorn B-1.
    These AV15X’s are amazing :).

simon5 on #4242

That’s fine ! You corrected most bumps hehe congrats ! I guess you are happy… 😀

Rightbrained on #4243

Simon ,
    Dont make me work my DSP1124p into the signal chain to iron out the rest of those humps…..lol

simon5 on #4245

Hahahaha don’t do that really. 😀

Too much correction is not good. It sucks the life out of the sound. It’s better to make just enough corrections to get the curve flat enough.

Can you replot that same chart using a different vertical scale ? Between 70 dB and 90 dB for example ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.