TD8

Posted In: Lambda Drivers

• Participant
    T3mpest on #1257

Are these drivers still in development? I finally have a vehicle that can easily support the 3-5inches of mounting depth these things will probably require lol.

Participant
    stryke on #11038

Nothing has been completed on these yet. I expect before the end of the year though.

Participant
    Zedguy on #11036

Looks like the TD8M would work nicely with the TD18. Will there be a preorder? What is the ballpark on pricing?

Participant
    stryke on #11037

Individual pricing would be $249. Not expecting to do any preorders though. Maybe a short time introductory price but as of now that isn’t planned.

Participant
    T3mpest on #11039

Sounds good hopefully that works. I’d like to get a set for christmas hehe.

Participant
    stryke on #11040

I ran into a few issues but will hopefully be finishing up the first 16pc samples this week. If all goes well, I will be able to start taking orders on them soon.

NiToNi on #11041

John,

Exciting – keep up the good work!

Will there be a LO8 available as well…?

Cheers

Participant
    stryke on #11042

There will be a Dipole 8 using the cloth surround which will already have decent efficiency.

Participant
    donc on #11043

any updates on when the td8’s will be ready ? would a td8m or td10m work better for a mid used with the td15h ?
    donc

Face on #11044

@donc wrote:

any updates on when the td8’s will be ready ? would a td8m or td10m work better for a mid used with the td15h ?
    donc

It depends on the tweeter used, but either shouldn’t have a problem crossing to the 15H.

Will you be going active or passive?

Participant
    T3mpest on #11045

Bump for updated info on release and specs?

Face on #11046

No specs, but John posted on his Facebook page that they are available for order.

Participant
    Zedguy on #11047

Anyone able to source more info on these or taken the plunge and ordered any?

Participant
    stryke on #11048

Here are the initial parameters

TD8M-8
    Fs: 76hz
    Qms: 7.9
    Vas: 11.3L
    Cms: .22mm/N
    Mms: 20g
    Rms: 1.2kg/s
    Xmax: 4mm
    Sd: 190sqcm
    Qes: .27
    Re: 6.7ohm
    Le: .15mH
    Z: 8ohm
    Bl: 15.5Tm
    PE: 300W
    Qts: .26
    1WSPL: 94.7dB
    2.8V: 95.5dB

A TD8X will also be available but we need to get that finalized yet.

-John

Participant
    T3mpest on #11049

Any way to get these with d8 coils or even just a single 4ohm? Also is any type of apollo upgrade available? Wouldn’t need it for the inductance so much as the extra powerhandling, particularly if a d8 or d4 coil is available 😆 At 500 for a pair, the price is a bit hard to swallow compared to many other pro audio designs, but I know these are very nice speakers and John has a small operation.. So I’m def considering these.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.