SBP15 to replace IB15A for car audio applications

BruceH on #8883

@simon5 wrote:

Single 4 ohms sub on a single monoblock amplifier will be 4 ohms load.

Dual subwoofers in parallel with a single monoblock amplifier will be 2 ohms load.

You can order by emailing : sales at aespeakers dot com

Really? It was my understanding that John was not going to get around to making these available until about the end of April.

simon5 on #8884

Well yes John need to empty the backlog, but AFAIK only AV15 orders are suspended.

Participant
    stryke on #8885

For those interested, I can get SBP’s in 15, 12, and 10″ on the order log, although I am expecting about 4 weeks for delivery currently. Price is currently $249, $239, $229 for 15, 12, 10″ respectively. This is an intro price, and the retail will actually be the same pricing as the TD series.

John

BruceH on #8886

Ok. Since this is not on the regular site do we order by email through sales at aespeakers.com ?
    Pay by Pay Pal?

Bruce

simon5 on #8882

AFAIK you are not obligated to pay by PayPal. John accepts many other payment methods.

But yes, you do need to order via sales at aespeakers dot com

I modified your post, to prevent spam.

weightless on #8887

What are the specs of the 12’s?

zaid234 on #8888

The SBP15 will be available to order immediately at $289 individually. Current lead time as of 3/7/11 is about 4 weeks. SBP12’s will be $249 each and have the same lead time.

Participant
    stryke on #8889

@zaid234 wrote:

The SBP15 will be available to order immediately at $289 individually. Current lead time as of 3/7/11 is about 4 weeks. SBP12’s will be $249 each and have the same lead time.

These are no longer valid prices. Please see the new pricing schedule effective May 15, 2013 here:

http://www.aespeakers.com/news.php?start=0&news_id=35

Participant
    zacjones99 on #8890

I heard a rumour that the AV15 was making a comeback… is this true? The AV15 has higher power handling and more xmax than the SBP15 — is there a chance there will be an option for an AV15 optimized for car audio? I think the higher power handling and additional excursion would appeal to many in the car audio crowd. What do you think of the AV15 for this application? Is it worth waiting for or is the SBP15 better suited to the task?

Participant
    stryke on #8891

@zacjones99 wrote:

I heard a rumour that the AV15 was making a comeback… is this true? The AV15 has higher power handling and more xmax than the SBP15 — is there a chance there will be an option for an AV15 optimized for car audio? I think the higher power handling and additional excursion would appeal to many in the car audio crowd. What do you think of the AV15 for this application? Is it worth waiting for or is the SBP15 better suited to the task?

There are no plans for the AV woofers to return as they had before. It is something I would always like to do if possible but that isn’t reasonable at this time. We will hopefully be coming out with something new before the end of the year with CNC machined billet aluminum frames, hand spun anodized aluminum cones and santoprene surrounds. This will be the take on the ultimate car audio woofer for sealed and vented box use. Pricing will be consistent with the other “hifi” options like Focal, Dynaudio, Morel Ultimo, Hertz, etc. I am guessing between $799-999 retail on the 15’s. For IB use in a care the SPB15 will still be more optimized.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.