P Series Cabinet and Kit Pricing

simon5 on #6937

I will try to reach John to answer all your questions.

You need to be aware that the bigger cab will alter your tuning point by pushing it lower in frequency.

nicktran909 on #6938

what would happen if i plug an av15x in the p1512? I have a toasted av15h in the p1512 kit. I was able to purchase an used av15x from another avs forum member. I was wondering what would change in the fr? My whole audio system is under update so i can’t listen as of now but i’m still curious.

dustincarver on #6939

I was looking to add weight to the PR’s i ordered and saw the recommended method was to add lead and epoxy but can you or John go into a bit more detail about the best way to do this? i.e. preferred method of pouring etc to minimize mess and to get a nice level layer of lead and epoxy?

Also i just saw the comment on the 18″ PR’s that 2500g is the max with a dual spider, is the dual spider special order or standard on the 18″ prs?

simon5 on #6940

@nicktran909 wrote:

what would happen if i plug an av15x in the p1512? I have a toasted av15h in the p1512 kit. I was able to purchase an used av15x from another avs forum member. I was wondering what would change in the fr? My whole audio system is under update so i can’t listen as of now but i’m still curious.

An AV15X is designed to play in larger boxes, so if you are looking for more security, then yes it would work. You will lose some extreme low end.

simon5 on #6941

@dustincarver wrote:

I was looking to add weight to the PR’s i ordered and saw the recommended method was to add lead and epoxy but can you or John go into a bit more detail about the best way to do this? i.e. preferred method of pouring etc to minimize mess and to get a nice level layer of lead and epoxy?

Also i just saw the comment on the 18″ PR’s that 2500g is the max with a dual spider, is the dual spider special order or standard on the 18″ prs?

As far as I know, I don’t think that dual spider is by default on every PR18s.

For lead and epoxy, it depends on the weight you want to achieve, because epoxy is pretty light so you want a fair amount of lead if you want to reach any significant weight. You use the epoxy to fill holes between lead balls, so there’s no air, because air is light and not really “strong”… 8)

Participant
    stryke on #6942

pricing is all getting redone on the P series cabinets. Working alone and having Tom work when needed on cabinets, we can’t do work for the same price as the others I had here. The difference is that it gets done right now. We’re offering a high end product and we need to price it accordingly. We made some switches to make things more reliable and just better in general. We made a few switches at a time and finally looked and had significantly more cost into the cabinets as we looked back at everything. We are using all high strength epoxy to assemble enclosures instead of wood glue. It has a slight amount of flex to prevent cracking and holds and sands very well. We went to a 20mil wood backed veneer instead of the paper backed. It lays flatter and prevents seams from telegraphing through over time. We’re using the magnets buried under the veneer to hold the grills on and neo has gone way up in price now. Switching to a darker more “black” grill cloth than the previous cloth we were getting. Aluminum feet are included and cost went up on those a lot here as well. We switched to a high end water based stain that allows us some flexibility to match colors and a high end catalyzed polyurethane clearcoat.

I will now have 3 options for basic finish. Oak, maple, and black oak are standard. P1512(15 and dual 18PR) or P1520(dual sealed 15) will be $899 in standard finish. Red mahogany, cherry, and espresso maple will be $999. I’ll get full pricing together later but those are the 2 most popular. Discounts are available when purchased with the woofers.

John

NateTTU on #6943

Do we know what the new pricing for the AV15s will be? Looks like John is catching up so I hope they will be available again soon to purchase. I’m looking to get 4 of them. Pending news on how much the price increase will be…

robertz on #6944

I really like the cabinet. Can you pm me the price?

Participant
    Guy 13 on #6945

Hi.
    Where on your website can I find the prices for all your subwoofer cabinets ?
    Which drivers (And passive radiator) would you recommend for your largest
    sub woofer cabinet ?
    (Two drivers and four side firing passive radiators.)
    Thanks.
    Guy 13

simon5 on #6946

Largest subwoofer cabinet was done for AV15 with dual PR18s, and the other one was dual AV15s with quad PR18s IIRC.

Now since John doesn’t sell AV line currently, those cabinets are now custom made and tuned to go with TD15 drivers usually.

You need to contact John to know the prices, depending on what you want and what custom size you want. There’s no price list currently. John will try to make a standard list eventually.

Participant
    Guy 13 on #6947

@simon5 wrote:

Largest subwoofer cabinet was done for AV15 with dual PR18s, and the other one was dual AV15s with quad PR18s IIRC.

Now since John doesn’t sell AV line currently, those cabinets are now custom made and tuned to go with TD15 drivers usually.

You need to contact John to know the prices, depending on what you want and what custom size you want. There’s no price list currently. John will try to make a standard list eventually.

Hi Simon5.
    How can I reach John?
    Any e-mail address?
    Thanks.
    Guy13

simon5 on #6948

You can reach him with : sales at aespeakers dot com

He has problems to keep up with the email flow, so it may take time.

pmonaco on #6949

I am in the market for a new subwoofer, and I was thinking about contacting AE for a custom enclosure and the TD18H+.

However, when I call, I get a message saying the phone isn’t answered, and when I email, I get a message saying email isn’t answered. I’m not sure how to actually get ahold of someone at this company.

Should I just go elsewhere?

simon5 on #6950

Email is answered, it only take some time.

I will try to contact John about this. What impedance TD18H+ are you looking for ?

simon5 on #6951

I just talked to John. He has the group buy to fill and some orders in the backlog, so he’s not making any cabinets in the short term. I don’t know what’s your schedule ?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.