P Series Cabinet and Kit Pricing

madaeel on #6909

I was wondering why the chart for the 1512 is the same numbers for the 1212?

simon5 on #6910

You mean ? I see 599$ and 529$ ?

madaeel on #6911

No I meant the response curve numbers are the same for the 1212 and the 1512. They both have the output at 112.5 db at 18hz. The graph for the 1512 actually says: P1212 – Single AV15H-D2 and dual 18″ 2500g PR’s. I would assume the 1512 would certainly have more output then the 1212 right?

simon5 on #6912

Good catch ! Didn’t see it. 8)

If you look, John used the same picture for both by mistake.

The 2nd one should be 1512.png and not 1212.png

I renamed the link with 1512 and it works. See below :

JBJR on #6913

So, I’m looking to do one of these with my Stryke HE-15. Is the sale price still in effect, and will my HE-15 fit into this cabinet with no problems?

John

madaeel on #6914

@simon5 wrote:

Good catch ! Didn’t see it. 8)

If you look, John used the same picture for both by mistake.

The 2nd one should be 1512.png and not 1212.png

I renamed the link with 1512 and it works. See below :

Thanks that looks much better! I’m thinking about going with a couple 1524’s once I get my basement finished and they look pretty impressive, though I wish I had the room for an IB setup. 🙁 My only concern is I would like to have some good output down to 10hz so I guess the dual 15″ sealed kit would be better? I just would like to plug and play and I know sealed subs involve a little more work. I guess I’ll figure it out by the time the room is done.

simon5 on #6915

@jbjr wrote:

So, I’m looking to do one of these with my Stryke HE-15. Is the sale price still in effect, and will my HE-15 fit into this cabinet with no problems?

John

Not sure sale price is still into effect and HE15 should fit but I would confirm with John first to be sure.

simon5 on #6916

@madaeel wrote:

My only concern is I would like to have some good output down to 10hz so I guess the dual 15″ sealed kit would be better? I just would like to plug and play and I know sealed subs involve a little more work. I guess I’ll figure it out by the time the room is done.

Well you could maybe use a slightly different enclosure size, PR weights, to achieve a ~12 Hz tuning which would give you a solid 10 Hz.

Sealed would work, but you lose tons of efficiency,

madaeel on #6917

So basically a bigger cabinet and the 2500 PR’s? That would be great because I do prefer the impact of a ported sub down low. I do like the sound of sealed subs, that’s what I have now, but ported subs or in this case the 1524 I’m sure would sound just as amazing. I thought about having a custom made sub but didn’t realize you guys could do that for me. Now you really got me thinking about this. :mrgreen:

JBJR on #6918

Thanks Simon I have sent an email to John about the cabinet, just waiting to hear back. Was thinking of trying one of the TC subs from parts express in one of these, but, I brought my HE-15 out to the gf’s(built a home theater at her place) and it does just fine!!

I have one of the first Stryke subs with the adjustable PR’s, add and remove the large washers, Would the 2500 PR’s be best for this driver or do I need more weight on them? Room size is 18x13x10, will be only using the one sub here and will be driven by two Crown K2 amps. Really like to feel the bass and clean.

simon5 on #6919

2500 PRs should be fine. Two Crown K2 are a bit overkill hehe ! 8)

simon5 on #6920

@madaeel wrote:

So basically a bigger cabinet and the 2500 PR’s? That would be great because I do prefer the impact of a ported sub down low. I do like the sound of sealed subs, that’s what I have now, but ported subs or in this case the 1524 I’m sure would sound just as amazing. I thought about having a custom made sub but didn’t realize you guys could do that for me. Now you really got me thinking about this. :mrgreen:

Yeah I’m quite sure that John could customize you something, it depends on what you can tolerate… The most simple thing would be using dual 1524 cabinets to house a single AV15 with dual PR18s per cabinet… that would be massive increase in volume… But John can probably build you an hybrid.

madaeel on #6921

@simon5 wrote:

@madaeel wrote:

Yeah I’m quite sure that John could customize you something, it depends on what you can tolerate… The most simple thing would be using dual 1524 cabinets to house a single AV15 with dual PR18s per cabinet… that would be massive increase in volume… But John can probably build you an hybrid.

What I can tolerate?? :mrgreen: No one has ever said that to me before with regards to subs. I could tolerate four 1524’s in a sealed room ha ha. It’s just my wife would kill me because of the structural damage to the house. That would be nice to have a sub flat to 10hz in the PR configuration. If John could do that I’d be one happy camper. Would he be able to do maybe a single TD18h+ driver with dual PR’s, or would that not work properly?

simon5 on #6922

A TD18H+ even if it’s a good subwoofer driver, it’s more midbass oriented with higher Fs and large Vas.

You are better with AV15s in extra large enclosures, especially if 10 Hz is your goal.

Unless you can go IB with a bunch of IB15s… 8)

madaeel on #6923

@simon5 wrote:

A TD18H+ even if it’s a good subwoofer driver, it’s more midbass oriented with higher Fs and large Vas.

You are better with AV15s in extra large enclosures, especially if 10 Hz is your goal.

Unless you can go IB with a bunch of IB15s… 8)

Thanks Simon I wasn’t sure about that driver and yes to get solid to 10 hz is my goal. I realize there’s content below that but I think 10 is good enough especially since I’ll need some huge enclosures or a lot more powerful amps just to get there. I would love to go the IB route but these are going in the basement, whenever I actually finish it, and I know I need a good amount of space for an IB and I don’t have any to spare.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.