** Official TD Woofer Group Buy Information **

• Participant
    chloesdad on #9556

SBP series included? Didn’t know since they are pretty similar to the TD-S series.

sveinungm on #9557

What coils can the LO15 be delivered with? Can it be delivered with single 8ohm or single 4 ohm coil? Or possibly dual 16ohm?

Participant
    moody on #9558

@stryke wrote:

Just a quick update here. Currently with the emails that have come in there are a total of 30 drivers on the list. With quite a bit of time left, it looks like the order should reach that 50pc quantity and next price break.

I have also had a lot of interest in the LO and Dipole series. People have emailed and asked about them being included in this group buy. The issue is that the Dipole and LO series use different steel than the rest of the TD woofers so they can’t be included in the same quantity pricing. However because of the high demand, I could do a separate group buy for the Dipole and LO series drivers. The same minimum of 25pcs would be required and the same discount would apply if the 50pc quantity was reached. With several people already asking about 4, 6, and 8pc quantities, this seems that it could be quite reasonable to reach the 50pcs quantity. I’ll put up a separate Dipole Group Buy thread later on today. The time to allow orders to get in can go out a little longer and maybe close end of October.

John

This is great news for those wanting LO and Dipole series! Will we see a group buy for the AV series as well?

tim614 on #9559

hi,
    im new here and i’ve have heard great things about Lambda, i’ve been wanting to get a pair for a while now then i just got an e-mail from my fella diyer about the group buy.
    so count me in for a pair of TDM12S.
    please assist.

Thanks
    Tim

skywave-rider on #9560

I hope I did not miss it anywhere, but I’m looking for FR measurements for TD12 H/S/X
    I have Brandon’s Drivervault measurements for the M versions:
    http://sites.google.com/site/drivervault/Home
    And I have the T/S parameters for the TD12 series here:
    http://www.aespeakers.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2377

Like a lot of people I am looking to find the best compromise in making a 2 way with a x-o in the 1.6k region.
    I will be modeling boxes in the 2-4 cu ft range.
    If possible I want the woofer to have reasonable bass without subs, standalone. Though I will have subs for some applications.

If you know of any FR measurements or have suggestions about which version will do it best, It would be very helpful.

GranteedEV on #9561

@stryke wrote:

@granteedev wrote:

Is it possible to get the TD12M cloth surround on a TD12X? I don’t really need the extra high excursion of the X because I will be using subs crossed around 80 to 100hz, but I do want the extra un-eqed extension in a sealed box to hit that ~90hz F3 point and i’m willing to trade off efficiency. Or does it not work like that?

The cloth surround is limited to about 12mm travel. The coil on the TD12X gives 14mm Xmax so you could easily risk damaging the suspension. It really requires the foam surround with the extra physical travel. I wouldn’t feel comfortable building a driver I knew could be easily damaged. How high do you plan to go with them? You can still easily get to 2KHz with a TD12X if necessary.

John

In my home, i sit about 2m away from the speakers. With an 80hz high pass point, I can’t imagine ever even hitting that 6mm xmax of the TD12M… it would take something like 500w of input and i’m currently very satisfied ITO dynamics, with a pair of 88db speakers being fed around 100w. But because I wanted the smaller, less complex boxes of sealed mains, i just want the extra extension i could squeeze out of a TD12X. As for the cloth surround, I don’t know how audible the improvement, if any, there is, but it’s literally the one thing that has me wavering between building a huge transmission line for the TD12M and the small box for the TD12X. If the compression driver can take it, i want to attempt a crossover at ~1.2khz. I’ve heard the performance above 500hz is ever so slightly superior for the TD12M. To get the same extension with the TD12M without external EQ:

[attachment=0:2306ho7z]TD12M – Tapered TL.png[/attachment:2306ho7z]

I’d need a larger box at least. But if you don’t feel comfortable with the TD12X + cloth surround, i’ll go ahead with the TD12M.

simon5 on #9562

@tim614 wrote:

hi,
    im new here and i’ve have heard great things about Lambda, i’ve been wanting to get a pair for a while now then i just got an e-mail from my fella diyer about the group buy.
    please assist.

Thanks
    Tim

You want a pair of TD12S or a pair of TD12M ?

Participant
    Mark Seaton on #9563

I figured this would be a good spot to post some teaser photos of the first samples built up to check the fit and make any needed adjustments. These first samples are always just built from bare MDF, where we will be showing a veneered sample at RMAF (lobby space 14). For those who would rather spend their time finishing rather than constructing, or those who are happy to do a quick coat of black, the bare MDF can make for a significant savings. The woofer you see is NOT a current TD woofer, but was a woofer John made for me a few years back that I used for a test fit and quick visualization as it was the closest available. The current phase plugs are a natural aluminum and not the chrome plated seen here. I hope to come up with some clever name later, but for the moment, here is the cabinet that for the moment I’ll call the HQ-15:

GranteedEV on #9564

Mark, those cabinets look fantastic. I assume the bevels are to deal with diffraction?

Participant
    Mark Seaton on #9565

@granteedev wrote:

Mark, those cabinets look fantastic. I assume the bevels are to deal with diffraction?

Thank you. I was quite happy to see them take shape as they did. In person they look very thin due to the angles on the back. The overall dimensions are 20″ wide, 30″ tall and 10″ total depth. Yes, the bevel on the front vertical edges help soften the sharp angles with a large, 1.75″ wide, 30 deg bevel.

paulspencer on #9566

Question about the 50 … so if 50 drivers in total are ordered by everyone, all of them will get the 30% off discount? Or does it apply to 50 of one particular range? ie 50 of the TD18 means those buying TD18 drivers get 30% off.

tim614 on #9567

@simon5 wrote:

@tim614 wrote:

hi,
    please assist.

Thanks
    Tim

You want a pair of TD12S or a pair of TD12M ?

TD12S
    Sorry for the confussion.

Participant
    Mark Seaton on #9568

@paulspencer wrote:

Question about the 50 … so if 50 drivers in total are ordered by everyone, all of them will get the 30% off discount? Or does it apply to 50 of one particular range? ie 50 of the TD18 means those buying TD18 drivers get 30% off.

@stryke wrote:

Any of the TD woofers will be included in this group buy and the cumulative number between all models will determine the total. This includes the TD6’s, TD10’s, TD12’s, TD15’s and TD18’s.

If 3 guys ordered 18 TD15M’s each, all drivers ordered in the group buy (any of the models listed above) will receive a 30% discount.

noah katz on #9569

John,

If I understand correctly, you will be getting materials for more drivers than necessary to fulfill the group buy orders.

If the minimum has been met, and someone who didn’t sign up for the GB wants to buy drivers, do they pay the regular price or the discount price?

If the latter, if I buy drivers and then don’t use them, I’ll take a beating, as why would someone pay full price from me when they can get them new from you?

Not to mention shipping costs, speaking of which, can you estimate the cost for 3 TD12M’s shipped to CA (94043)?

paulspencer on #9570

Thanks Mark … and when they do and realise nobody needs 18 of them, maybe they could find a spare pair for me! I could easily find an excuse to use TD6, 15 and 18!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 291 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.