** Official TD Woofer Group Buy Information **

• Participant
    Audiodidakt on #9781

Is there an estimate on finishing the rest of the TD15Ms?

Best regards

Gisle Danielssen

Participant
    stryke on #9782

The rest of the T-yokes are off to be plated. There are enough T-yokes for the remainder of the TD woofer orders from the group buy. I have phase plugs available for the TD12’s, TD10’s and TD6H’s so those will be done first. The final TD15H,X,S, and M-4ohm will be the last to be done. I’m still waiting on ability to get the phase plugs from the local machine shop.

Participant
    stryke on #9783

As stated before, only useful posts regarding progress will be in this thread. People do not need to weed through many messages of comments to get the real information. At this point I’m getting fairly caught up on things here. It has not been easy after all the issues this year. Lots of loose ends have been tied up and I can finally concentrate on moving in a positive direction. I will have more time to dedicate to the group buy orders over the next couple weeks.

I have about 25 motors assembled and another 25 to assemble that are all going to the group buy. That will fill the remaining orders other than the special ones with custom VC or apollo upgrades. The first 30 of those woofers are going on the table today. To my knowledge all the TD15M-8ohm have shipped with the exception of one order with larger quantity, or those that are waiting to ship internationally with other drivers as well. I will be making the remaining drivers needed to fill the larger order in this first batch. All TD15M-4ohm will also be in that batch. TD12S-8 will be made as well as a few other TD12’s of random variants.

I am still working to solve a few situations that should be simple but have proven not to be. The phase plugs are limited. After having enough phase plugs anodized for all the TD10’s and TD12’s, over half of them were defective and looked terrible. I got no help from the company so now I am working with another. The parts have been stripped back down, I have to re-sand them to a nice finish, then have them anodized again.

John

Participant
    stryke on #9784

It is also very difficult to correlate forum names to real names. When the profiles do not have a real name listed, it is nearly impossible to be able to give any real information on the status for a specific order. I simply don’t know who everyone is just from a forum name. Emailing the info (at) aespeakers.com address is the best way to get a response.

John

Participant
    stryke on #9787

I have a few other details on the remaining woofers here now. Phase plugs are expected to be 1-2 weeks according to the quote I have finally received. I had to just order new phase plugs for everything remaining as there were material defects in the ones I had, meaning they could not be anodized nicely and the remaining 70 cannot be used. When I get these new phase plugs in I will have the ones for the TD15’s that had been shipped as well as all the other remaining woofers.

I have about 30 apollo plates and interior rings to machine yet for the 10’s, 12’s, and 15’s. Apollo plates also need to be made for the few remaining TD18’s. Vent holes need to be machined in the 18″ frames, holes drilled in all frames for mounting terminals, etc. How quickly this will be done depends on how much time I can get Tom in to work over the next 2 weeks.

To fill the remaining TD18 orders including the apollo woofers, I need to machine steel and add copper. I have both the steel and copper available here for those, but again it takes some time to machine. While there are only around 10 TD18’s that need to be made, I need to get all 100 T-yokes and top plates done to send out to plating. That is a few weeks of machining as well.

Some people will get tracking numbers early next week for TD10’s and TD12’s from the current batch. Other than that, I won’t have much to update until the apollo parts are made and anodized and the TD18 steel parts come back.

John

Participant
    stryke on #9786

As a further update, I was not able to get a lot of time into building and shipping the next woofers. What I did do was get the rest of the TD steel machined and ready to go out to be plated. The T-yokes just need to be tapped for the phase plugs. The TD18 and TD6 steel is next up to be machined. I am expecting to hand that work off to Tom on Thursday evening and all day friday. Next week I will ship out everything that is ready to be plated. Here are pics of the current machined parts waiting to go out.

Here are the few woofers that are ready to ship. Most all are international so I will be spending the majority of the day today coordinating shipping for them.

I am heading over to the machine shop shortly to see their new lathe and get a concrete date on when the phase plugs will be done.

John

Participant
    stryke on #9788

I went over to the machine shop yesterday and talked with them for a little bit. I got to see their lathe although they were on lunch when I actually got there so nothing was running. They are finishing up a big 1000pc order for someone else and will get to my parts shortly after. They told me December 14 for a date. I am hoping things work out that way, although this is the first time they will be making the parts and they have to do the programming so hopefully it goes smoothly. I did get a few pics of their lathe:

John

noah katz on #9785

Couple of questions:

I’ve decided to go with the TD12M’s after all.

What’s the lead time now?

Also,I might be able to get some from GB people who for whatever reason are selling them.

Is the warranty transferable, and if so, how long is it?

Thanks

Participant
    stryke on #9791

T-yokes and top plates for the remaining TD10-TD15 went off to plating yesterday. T-yokes for the remaining TD18 also went out. I’ll update as those parts get back and phase plugs arrive.

John

tevadar on #9792

Hi John, I’m still awaiting my TD12H’s. Reading back through the posts I’m a little uncertain as to whether or not all the 12’s were shipped last week. I haven’t received an invoice yet, so just checking.

???

tim614 on #9793

patiently waiting on my td12s also but have not seen anything from paypal.
    just checking in..

Participant
    stryke on #9789

I had hoped to ship TD12’s last week but due to all the phase plugs being bad I had to order new ones. The phase plugs are expected to be ready Dec14. I plan to have a lot of drivers all ready for shipping at that point. I will get invoices out next week as things are closer to that shipping date.

John

tevadar on #9790

Thanks John, much appreciated!!!

noah katz on #9796

I guess I’ll ask again in a few weeks when you’re not so busy…

@noah katz wrote:

Couple of questions:

I’ve decided to go with the TD12M’s after all.

What’s the lead time now?

Also,I might be able to get some from GB people who for whatever reason are selling them.

Is the warranty transferable, and if so, how long is it?

Thanks

Participant
    stryke on #9795

Hi Noah, as long as you have the original name of the customer so I have record of the purchase date, warranty will transfer. The warranty is 3yrs and is basically an industry standard warranty. You can see this policy along with the others here: http://aespeakers.com/shop/catalog/shipping.php

I will have some other drivers being built soon as well. I am still hopeful to have all the group buy woofers built this month.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 291 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.