I’m french, so i apoligize for my bad english, I tried to explain myself as well as possible 🙂
I researh a 12 inch speaker for my project :
– Bandwidth to link a beyma CP755-Ti compression driver on 18sound XR1496 somewhere around 800Hz or 1 KHz.
– A SPL about 105dB at 1 meter in a sealed box with linkwitz transform to touch 40Hz or 45Hz at -3dB
– An excellent amortization, with not important dips after filtering
– A reduce distorsion even the extended low frequency caused by the Linkwtiz transform
– A cost smaller than 350€ delivery included
I so different measurements on the web (TD12M : https://sites.google.com/site/drivervault/driver-measurements/tang-band-75-1558se/ae-speakers-td12m to example). We can see break-up/dips at 2KHz, like a PHL 4021 who is a direct opponent (http://lsv-achenbach.de/shop/images/kt_test_phl-b30-4021.jpg). Do the X or H model have the same behavior in mid and High frequency ?
The TD12’s doesn’t have vented gap cooling, and it’s the plug and others hole who cooled the coil ! But what are the driver performance in heat dissipation (power compression ?) ?
How the Xmax is evaluated ?
I’d like to hear comments that confirm my assumptions about the linearity, amortization and distortions with respect to the use I expect.
Thank’s for the answer
Best regards 😉