AV12x equivalant

splxtreme on #989

I’ve been really hoping that the AV’s would be available soon, but I don’t think I can wait anymore.

Does anyone have any experience with a 12 or even 15 if I have to, that is comparable to the AV line? I’m looking at doing a sealed application, and I don’t have an amp yet, so power is of no concern. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Participant
    T3mpest on #9948

I’d be looking at the SSA Icon.

MattyC on #9949

I have AV15-H in a sealed enclosure in my car and LOVE it. I just bought a new car though and might try to put the sub in a ported box and see how it handles that.

simon5 on #9950

It should handle it fine, but I hope you can build a big box…

piyush7243 on #9951

Its been more than 7-8 months i have waiting for them. Any ETA’s guys?

simon5 on #9952

You are waiting for the AV line ?

Not planned in the short term. John still hasn’t done his anodizing rig, and has enough orders of the TD line to be full time on them.

piyush7243 on #9953

yes Sir for the AV line.

please let me know the weight of SPB15 along with the price plz.

i think i would have to go that way.

simon5 on #9954

Last information I had about them was that SBP15 is $289 each, weight should be around 25 lbs.

Tool on #9955

Hello 🙂
    I am looking out to replace my 2 old IDQ 12 v2 subs and was wondering what 12′ subs would you recommend ?
    Would 2 of the SPB 12’s be the right choice ? And is it possible to upgrade them with the apollo motor ?
    i run the IDQ’s sealed with about 1.2 cubic foot volume for each sub and would like to carry on running sealed with the AE subs as well. Making a new box to your recommended spec should not be a problem either 🙂
    The amp i have puts out about 1200 watts @4 ohms and about 1600 @ 2 ohms . It is the Rockford Fosgate T1500-1BDcp.
    Thank you for your time 🙂
    Cheers and kind regards !

simon5 on #9956

I think that SBP12 would be a good choice yes ! 8)

Apollo motors on these, AFAIK no problems with that.

Here’s a link to the SBP12 with options available, but prices have climbed, that was nearly 10 years ago : http://web.archive.org/web/20040307225232/http://lambdacoustics.com/drivers/SBP12.html

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.