Acoustic Elegance fishing trips

Posted In: The Off Topic Zone

• Participant
    stryke on #210

Here at Acoustic Elegance we seem to have been working a lot lately. Setting up production equipment and working on some large projects has made for long hours on numerous occasions. One of the best ways we’ve found to be able to relax and keep from burning out is to get out on the river and do some bass fishing. Luckily I have a cottage on the Menominee river and a pontoon boat. For those who don’t know, the Menominee River is one of the best smallmouth bass locations in the country. The river forms the border between Wisconsin and upper Michigan. The fishing is good, and the scenery is amazing. We see bald eagles, deer, wild turkeys, sandhill cranes, and other wild life. All in all it’s a great place to relax.

I’ll admit I don’t know a whole lot about fishing, at least not yet. On 10/25/07 Larry and I went and spent a day on the Menominee River with Mike Mladenik, a guide in the northeast wisconsin area. He guides mostly on the river and you can find info on his website here. http://www.mikemladenik.com

Anyway, we went out with Mike and boated about 20 fish between the two of us over about a 6 hour period. Most were smallmouth in the range of 15-20″ with at least one coming in over 4lbs. We also had the occasional pike. Here are some pics we took near the beginning of the day. After awhile we gave up on taking pics and just fished. 🙂

Upon going out a few days later closer to my cottage without Mike, we boated 15 fish in about a 4 hour period. In my area of the river there is more variety to the species of fish available. We had several smallmouth, a few largemouth, and about 5 northern pike. All in all it was a good day fishing. The bass fishing will only be getting better as the water continues to cool until the ice freezes over.

So, for any of our potential customers who plan to be in the area, we will now be offering a free fishing trip on the Menominee river. It’s a great chance to get to relax while taking care of some business at the same time. 🙂

John

simon5 on #2945

If I ever plan a trip to United States, then I’ll try to include your fishing trip in my planning hehehe!

I’m in Quebec so it’s not that far away.

I’m usually a fisher of rainbow or brook trout, so you could say I’m not very experienced! 😆

Fishing trips are a good idea to keep the mind in great health.

Keep up the good work John!

kendogg on #2946

Excellent. Now which one is you??? :shifty

PUREAUDIO on #2947

looks like you guys had fun, who had the most fish at the in of the day.

Participant
    stryke on #2948

@simon5 wrote:

If I ever plan a trip to United States, then I’ll try to include your fishing trip in my planning hehehe!

I’m in Quebec so it’s not that far away.

I’m usually a fisher of rainbow or brook trout, so you could say I’m not very experienced! 😆

Fishing trips are a good idea to keep the mind in great health.

Keep up the good work John!

Brook Trout is my favorite fish to eat. Most of the streams people used to fish for trout in around here are so low in water now though so the fishing is not what it used to be.

The cold water fall bass fishing is very easy actually. Hooking on about 6″ long red tail chubs is the way to go in this weather.

John

ballasnt on #2949

I’m completely jealous! Looks very beautiful out there. If I’m ever in the Green Bay area, I’m taking you up on your offer!

Scoobydoo on #2950

@kendogg wrote:

Excellent. Now which one is you??? :shifty

john is the one in the hat:)

free fishing trips, i’m in:)

PUREAUDIO on #2951

how old are you Mr. John

Participant
    stryke on #2952

I turned 30 in July. Although i know I don’t really look it. 🙂

John

simon5 on #2953

Who is Larry ? Your dad ? 8)

PUREAUDIO on #2954

@stryke wrote:

I turned 30 in July. Although i know I don’t really look it. 🙂

John

Thers nothing wrong with looking young

JasonPaul on #2955

Looks like a fun trip..

lauk101 on #2956

Looks like a great outing!

Participant
    stryke on #2957

The nice thing is that up above the dam, smallmouth, largemouth, and the northern pike all stay around there over the winter. Fishing will stay good up until the time the water freezes over. Now if only I had time to fish…..

John

TMS on #2958

@stryke wrote:

So, for any of our potential customers who plan to be in the area, we will now be offering a free fishing trip on the Menominee river. It’s a great chance to get to relax while taking care of some business at the same time. 🙂

John

To bad – its a long drive from Copenhagen, Denmark…. 😉
    Its always nice with a fishingtrip 8)

Regards
    Thomas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.