8*IB15 infinite baffle to help bass horn

vincenthorn on #279

Hi,
    Here is a short description of my sub bass project which is finished now.

This is my previous horn system, flat downto 55Hz, and uneven below 55Hz, it required some more sub bass:

So it decided to install 8*15 inch drivers to cover 16Hz-55Hz. Here is the simulation:

So now the drivers are arrived, very quick travel from US to Europe. I installed them on top of the bass horns:

Rear view:

Then measurements. First there were not very good because of a room null at the listening position. To solve it I had to put another 15 inch IB15 driver in 210 liter sealed box in a rear corner of the room. And finally here is the total frequency response, 7*IB15 in a infinite baffle load + 1 IB15 in 210 liters + bass horn + filters but without EQ:

It really improved the sound, it is as fast as it used to be but very low frequencies are just fine now!

Then I just had to hide the drivers, sorry John:

My other hifi topics:
    http://vincent.brient.free.fr/main.htm

Participant
    stryke on #3463

Hi Vincent,

Looks very good. I appreciate you posting your results here. Also, in an unrelated topic, there was someone else over in Europe who had experimented with cement horns and various other materials. I cannot find the link to his site now. I know he had referenced your site with the round horns you had done. Do you know who this is and where his site would be?

John

vincenthorn on #3464

@stryke wrote:

Hi Vincent,

Looks very good. I appreciate you posting your results here. Also, in an unrelated topic, there was someone else over in Europe who had experimented with cement horns and various other materials. I cannot find the link to his site now. I know he had referenced your site with the round horns you had done. Do you know who this is and where his site would be?

John

Hi John,
    That’s probably Marco, a friend:
    http://www.musique-concrete.com/
    He lives in Europe like me, but he also lives 30 minutes from my home!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.